QualityHow we manage quality
One of our 3 core principles is quality (along with scale and value). We define quality at K2CP beyond just the quality of the individual Associate; we define quality to include everything we do and how we interact with our clients and our Associates:
- Quality in how we work with and interact with our Clients.
- Quality in our negotiations with our Clients.
- Quality of the teams we put together.
- Quality in the thought leadership we provide.
- Quality in the insights and challenges we bring.
- Quality in how we bring on board new Partners.
- Quality in how we treat our Associates.
We cannot deliver on all these quality principles without embedding quality into our structure from day one and that is exactly what we have done. Quality cannot be an after-thought. So what have we put in place in K2CP to manage quality?
- Our Board all come with over 30 years of consulting experience:
- Mike Hunter has been European Consulting head at both TCS and Cognizant, and an 11 year Partner and practice/geography lead at PA Consulting
- Steve Sharp has been a Vice President at Cap Gemini and has led Searchlight for 11 years
- Laurie Stephens is the founder and Managing Partner of advisory firm Ingersoll Engineers UK.One of the UK’s leading specialists in manufacturing and supply chain and a Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer by profession, Laurie has been consulting to the UK’s Manufacturing and Engineering sectors for over 25 years in a career which has included senior roles at Accenture, Ernst & Young and Capgemini.
- All our Partners have been working with and known to Mike for many years prior to launching K2CP. We know each others quality standards.
- We have NOT just built up a list of 3,000 contractors
- Each Partner firm has around 150-200 Associates. This number is “right” in that each Partner lead can really still know their team and know each Associate’s quality.
- 85% of our Associates have worked with or been employed by a major consulting firm.
- Each Associate is required to have quality references from each of their last 3 assignments
- New Partner firm members of K2CP can only “join” if they have a previous “relationship” with a member of the management team.
- We invest in adding a quality layer to our assignments where necessary – often at no cost to the Client.
- We encourage and reward our Associates to create compelling and insightful Thought Leadership.
- We know what we are good at, but equally we know what we are not good at. We will not take on assignments that would not be a quality reference for us.
- We offer our Associates a career and allow them to develop.
Nigel Minett joins K2 Consulting Partners as Global Head of Quality
Having previously worked for Oracle Consulting and PricewaterhouseCoopers, Nigel worked at TCS for over 8 years and for the last 3 years was the Managing Partner for Programme Management within Consulting and Services Integration, the specialist consulting group within TCS. His responsibilities included the management of teams of PM consultants in India, UK, Europe, North America and Australia, along with the continuous development of the PM service portfolio and support of business development opportunities.
Nigel spent 12 years at Oracle during which time he undertook various roles in Business Development, Delivery Consulting and, for the last 2 years, was EMEA Operations Director for the Tax and Utilities Global Business Unit. Prior to Oracle, he worked for PwC (and Price Waterhouse earlier) for 11 years.
Nigel commented “I am delighted to be joining K2CP at this exciting time. I aim top provide clients with a service that ensures all K2CP deliverables meet or exceed expectations for quality, which is one of the core values of the organisation. “